July 30, 2012

Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Legs

This chicken is so moist and flavorful and it really does fall right off the bone!


Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Legs 
Recipe via My Daily Dish

Ingredients 
8 chicken legs, washed and patted dry (or any kind of chicken you want--chicken breasts, thighs, etc.)
1 can of beer
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 

Directions
1. Place the chicken in the crock pot. Pour the can of beer over the chicken. Add the spices and cover.
2. Cook for 7-8 hours on Low or 3-4 hours on High until chicken is cooked through.*

*If using frozen chicken, the cooking time will be a bit longer, about 8-10 hours on Low or 4-5 hours on High.

3 comments:

  1. You just made my dinner for tomorrow night! Thank you! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this at first it was Browning than it boiled out. Looked like washed out chicken. How did yours stay brown and golden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure why they didn't brown. Did you wash and pat the chicken well before putting it in the crock pot? Did you cook it on Low or High? That might also make a difference. When I cooked them, I cooked them on Low. Also, my chicken legs were thawed and not frozen. Maybe it depends on the type of beer you use too. I'm sorry that I really don't know but next time I make them, I'll be sure to pay more attention to what I'm doing so that I can share! :)

      Delete